Saturday, April 16, 2011

Poor me, Happy Birthday you...

I have the habit of picking up and remembering completely useless facts. My brain is full of these literally useless facts. Like the word soup comes from a Germanic word "sop" which is a piece of bread used to soak up broths, stews and wine, or, the word restaurant was first used to describe a kind of soup, and, ice cream was probably invented by the Italians, not the chineese as some may believe, or the word 'nerd' came from the Dr. Suess book 'If I Ran the Zoo', Mickey Rooney (who's real name is Joseph Yule Jr.) was married eight times; divorced seven, 7up was originally named "Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda", and today is Charlie Chaplin's 122nd birthday. To list a few anyway... Like I said useless, right? When will I ever use any of that info?
Now that might not be all that bad, but tell me, how terrible is it that I remembered today was Charlie Chaplin 122nd birthday before I remembered it was my sister 14th? Now THAT would have been something useful to remember! I'm hopeless!

...So sorry...all that just to say Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment